Table of Contents
- Group progress updates and discussion (
- Break (
- Work time (
- Chaytan will be presenting at the Journal Club next week.
- Stephen Grossberg will be presenting at the Journal Club in two weeks.
- Put your questions here!
- Kevin Jamieson will be presenting at the Journal Club in three weeks.
- Prepare questions and familiarize with speaker work before coming to the Journal Club.
- Look into adaptive resonance theory, invented by Grossberg. A theoretical explanation of consciousness and a biological plausible unsupervised learning mechanism.
- We have a faculty advisor! - Eric Chudler, director of the Center for Neurotechnology
- Emergent language - pursuing a more abstracted task.
- Network splitting - ended up getting the same results as training a network normally. The number of neurons increased during training.
- Environment - considering multimodal predictions.
- RL - started reading about actor-critic models, learning about different techniques and methods.